This is not strictly a coffee recipe, but I added it since the almond flower was a by-product from making the Almond milk for my coffee.
This recipe is adapted from Paleo Recipes and the photo is from their site until I take a nice one myself. Give them a visit. Try it out and let me know what you think!
- 2 Large eggs
- 3 Bananas (the riper the better)
- 75ml Honey
- Almond Flower left from making Almond Milk
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 5ml Vanilla Extract
- 5ml Banana Extract
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius
- Since the bread is VERY fragile, cut a piece of baking paper for the bottom and spray the inside of the medium sized pan very well.
- Mix the still wet almond flower and add mashed bananas
- Add the honey, salt, vanilla and banana extract
- Beat eggs until fluffy at high speed. I found that a hand held electric whisk worked great.
- Add the baking powder to the eggs and whisk briefly
- Add the egg mixture to the flower mixture and whisk until just combined. Do not over work the mixture.
- Spoon batter into loaf pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until golden brown. I found it most tasty and well baked when I took it out just before it started burning 🙂
- Carefully place on wire rack. you can place a chopping board on top of the pan before turning over and then do the same again with a wire rack.
Enjoy with a nice butter and cortado or cappuccino made with the almond milk. Ahhhh!